Thursday, September 25, 2014

We went to the museum!

My mama and I went to a museum today and it was great!  My favorite part was the sculpture of the cute little kitties.  We saw paintings, sculptures. plates, baskets, jewelry from all over the world. 

I went to a real museum.  I am standing underneath the name of the museum.
  Will you please read the name of the museum?

The people that made this used the stuff they had around them to get
the things done that needed to get done.  Can you believe it? 

This is from Japan.  I am standing by a guard and two princesses. 

The artist made this big of a plate.  I can't believe how big the artist made it.
 Good job artist! 
This is a ladle.  This is what the Native Americans used to scoop things.  

This is a necklace they wear around their neck.
They would wear it for ceremonies to celebrate things.
 They cut up clam shells into tiny little circles and made necklaces.

I hope you enjoyed this blog post and seeing the things we could take pictures of. There were many things we could not take pictures.  One of the things was a wood sculpture that was four little kitties.

2 comments:

  1. What a great adventure Taelin! When I visit museum's I love to look at the sculptures too. It's always amazing how much time the artist must have needed to carve them. Have you tried making sculptures before? Maybe out of clay or play doh? Thanks for sharing your fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the museum tour, Taelin. I feel just as if I was there with you. What a fun place to visit.

    ReplyDelete